23gb of photos, but the photo folder is empty

W

WPCentral Question

My Nokia Lumia 1020 tells me I have around 23GB of photos, even though I have deleted all photos from the phone, removed Facebook from the phone, and the photo folder is completely empty. My phone now fills up very quickly, but I can't figure out how to clear this space. Please help.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There's only a couple of things to try here. This seems rather odd though. Have you checked that you're removed the DGN files? Have you hooked up your phone to a computer? Have tried the Files app to see if there's anything hiding?

Anyway, you can start with Storage Sense and see if deleting Temporary files will help. Even though the photos are not in the temporary files area it may 'fix' the issue. This takes time of course, it's not an immediate thing.

Next you can try a soft reset. It's possible this may fix things. Hold volume down and power button together until the phone vibrates. Your phone will restart. Nothing gets deleted.

Lastly there's always the hard rest but this will erase everything on your phone. Settings -> About -> Phone reset.

Be sure to backup.

mark16

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I hooked the phone up to the Windows phone app on my Mac and removed all the photos that way. In my phone settings it tells me I have 27.5GB used, and 23.73GB of that is pictures.
Temporary files are only 160.11MB.

The soft reset has not helped. I guess I'll have to do the hard reset.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
does the windows phone app on a mac show DNG files? I don't have the ability to shoot raw (lumia 920) BUT to get certain files on and off my work mac, i use a windows virtual machine.

JamesCartash

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
It is empty when you browse from the device.
Normaly when you browse fro your pc should see them normaly. The trick is to cut them to your pc and copy them back to the device.
That saved me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion