Calender will not start after Cyan update

Andreas Thomasson

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi!!!

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 which I updated with the Cyan update. After the update the calender will not start. Even though I downloaded a free calendar (Simple calendar) I cannot create an appointment.

I have googled and found that this was for some a problem in the beginning of the year, but I cannot find if someone with the same phone has the same problem.

I have tried soft reset a few times- does not fix the problem. I would like to avoid to do a hard reset becuase I have some recordings that are not uploaded to onedrive and I cannot find a way to copy them of the phone. So with a hard reset I would lose them, and I really need them to my thesis.

Any idea guys? Is this a bug that will not be fixed until next update, or is it just my phone? :)

Thanks in advance :)

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Calendar works fine for most of us after the update. The update process itself can be a bit buggy, though, leaving some things in limbo. Do you have any pending app updates that haven't completed? Have you tried simply powering the phone off, waiting a minute or two, and powering it back on? Have you tried running the battery down until the phone shuts itself off, waiting a bit, then charging it to 100%? All of these things have helped some people, but not everyone.

As for your recordings, why can't you share them to OneDrive? Have you installed the Files app and tried to copy them to OneDrive using that? Do you have use of a PC you can plug your phone into and copy them to its hard drive or to a thumb drive?

Andreas Thomasson

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi aikidaves,

Strange, why is it then only my phone. I have tried restaring many times, and the battery has also been sucked completely empty. And charged after that. And soft reset has been made a few times already.

I will try to download the files app, but I have not successfully found them via cable with my PC. Its a free version and it does not include a could service.

So in other words this is just my phone?

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I was on vacation last week and the internet at the resort was unreliable. Yes, I'd say it's just your phone. I use my calendar daily with no issues.

Have you had any luck in the past week?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon