Really weird partial connection problems with certain apps

W

WPCentral Question

I'm facing a really weird problem here on my Lumia 920 with 8.1: I have "semi internet".
Browser, Nokia Trailers, etc works fine.
Facebook loads text (and the most recent things), but no images, no user avatars, nothing.
Facebook messenger tells me to check my connection and refuses to update.
Whatsapp downloads all incoming messages once a day, then craps itself and gets really sluggish, taking forever to go back to the tiles. Also, even though I have read all new messages, the icon on the live tile still shows the new message number.

This happens on WiFi as well as on mobile connection. All my other phones (This is my business phone, I have another Z2 and a Samsung tablet) run perfectly fine, as do four computers, both Win and Mac, via WiFi. This includes Whatsapp and Facebook/FBM on those devices.
I'm totally at the end of my wits. I tried reboots, soft resets. Don't want to do a hard reset, unless it's the last resort.

Any idea what this is? I've had 8.1. for about a month now and this has never ever happened before. No updates available for apps or phone.

Thanks for any help,
Daniel

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Very odd. Sounds like fringe Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi incompatibility. But you say it happens on a mobile connection which doesn't make any sense. I'd first have suggested running with Wi-Fi off for a while to see if that fixes it.

I'm assuming you've powered OFF with no charger attached for a while (couple of mins) to see if that helps? Resets are not really hardware all powered off.

I suspect Nokia would say to hard reset next if you've tried everything else (soft reset etc.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos