Thinking about buying a WP phone, but...

W

WPCentral Question

I'm about to jump into the smartphone wagon, and my two main choices are Moto E and Lumia 630. So far, I'm liking the Lumia a bit more, but I read 'round the Net that some apps don't work quite right (messages only arrive when WhatsApp is open, the Facebook feed shows few updates, multiplatform apps are more limited than their Android/iOS counterparts, push notifications don't work, etc.) Is it common? Do the WhatsApp and Facebook WP apps work well for most users, or are they bugged?

Hi Fadia

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I get instant notifications from WhatsApp, facebook shows feed updates just fine
As far as multiplatform apps go, they are more limited but I don't use enough apps to know much about it..

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
If you're buying your first smartphone don't worry about app situation.

Seriously, everything works fine. WhatsApp is almost always instant. It's as reliable as on other platforms. Facebook is extremely reliable nowadays.

You'll get a more consistent experience on WP than on Android and you'll be happier for it.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp messages show a notification regardless of it being open on WP, but both my daughters who have iPhones have to check it all the time, and people moan about WP!

Get yourself the WP and an Xbox One and you will wonder how it got this good without anyone mentioning it :wink:

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention