Syncing music properly? Problem with compilation albums

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Why is it that any compilation albums I sync to my phone show up in Music as multiple albums with one track per album? Is there any way of fixing this? The same music synced to my MP3 player syncs fine showing that the Album meta-data is correct (as well as showing up in Windows Explorer on my laptop correctly.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
On closer inspection it appears the meta-data was *not* fine so I fixed it all up and have mostly resolved this issue except that some of the files on the phone's SD card will not let me delete the old bad versions and overwrite them with the new corrected versions saying I do not have the privilege to do so. I thought of reformating the SD card and starting again but that would mean reinstalling all my apps too. Does anyone know of anything I can try to overcome the lack of privilege problem or know why it should have happened to just the odd handful of files?

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Connect your phone to your laptop and make sure on your album the artist are named the same name on each song. I know there will be different artists but replace their names with "compilation" and they will all be in the same folder when you transfer it back to phone

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is what I did (although I put Various rather than Compilation) and it has mostly sorted it out. But the problem now is not being able do anything with a few of the files that needed changing due to "lack of privilege". Cannot delete, overwrite or edit them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos