please help me i got WP 8.1 and when i open gallery album i found onedrive photos i opened and surprised that someone shared with me girl photo which i don't want to keep it and it became cover photo to (shared with me file ) and i deleted it but it still shown on file cover photo .how can i change it ??? i tried to let my friend share photo with me and opened ondrive photos to update this folder photo but it dose not work .PLS HELP
    09-20-2014 08:28 AM
    Remove the picture from the Album

Then Got to:
    -Settings
    -Storage Check
    -Details
    -Clear Temporary File

Open the OneDrive from my Photos->Albums->Online (OneDrive)
    I have a similar question.

Go to Photo Hub / Albums / OneDrive / Saved Pictures and the 'cover photo' or album thumbnail is from a picture that is no longer in that folder.

In fact how do you chose the cover photo or thumbnail for any of the other albums in the OneDrive section.

The 'normal' albums - Camera Roll seems to be the last picture I took, Saved Pictures is the last picture I saved from the web or email or MMS, Screenshots is the last screenshot taken etc...

The OneDrive section -

Camera Roll is a picture I took about 2 months ago
    OneDrive Albums, the thumbnail or cover photo is from a folder within named Public and the thumbnailed picture is not even in my Public folder on OneDrive.

It all seems very random to me and there must be some way to control it surely?
    09-23-2014 12:44 PM
    Open Photos and choose settings.

Then select a single photo or favourite photos instead of all photos.
    wp_ss_20140923_0001.png
    Bobvfr likes this.
    09-23-2014 01:43 PM
    Thnx for reply but it dose not work please anyone help to remove this photo cover for (shared with me ) on onedrive photos
    10-03-2014 03:50 PM
    How can i replace this folder photo cover
    10-03-2014 03:53 PM
    I have this exact same issue.

When opening OneDrive from my Photos->Albums->Online (OneDrive) the camera roll and recent photos tile show a photo that has been deleted and not one I particularly want as the tile. There is also another tile that says Shared with Me that for some reason has spam of a topless girl taking a selfie (that was there when I first set up my OneDrive and have no idea where it came from). I have deleted all of these photos from my online OneDrive and removed them from the recycle bin, but the tiles just won't update and the Shared with me tile persists with the topless girl selfie. It is like they are cached on the phone. There is no way it seems to refresh this tile. It is driving me nuts. I don't really want to have to do a hard reset, but I can only assume it is the way to go.
    10-04-2014 07:28 PM
    @mightyspur Clutching at straws here, but in the settings option for Camera, their is a 'shuffle now' option under the start tile, try and see what happens. Like I said, clutching at straws here.
    10-04-2014 08:19 PM
    Still have the problem is there anyway to remove folder tile without fact. Reset
    10-05-2014 07:53 PM
    @mightyspur Clutching at straws here, but in the settings option for Camera, their is a 'shuffle now' option under the start tile, try and see what happens. Like I said, clutching at straws here.
    Thanks but, that does not change the tiles in the OneDrive part of my Photo Hub.
    10-06-2014 08:08 AM
    Try it from this angle... go to your OneDrive account online and log in. Open that folder and find the picture you want. Right-click on the picture and choose "Add as Cover". Once the device syncs, this should be your new cover photo. .... (NOTE: I had to do it this way for my android device (don't shoot me) and it worked to update the actual cover photo. I'm not sure if it's different if you are looking for a live tiles issue).
    10-06-2014 08:58 AM
    I changed the cover via onedrive for folder (album) named Mobile uploads to a picture of myself. The phone is still showing a thumbnail of the first picture in there (sorted by date asc). So that didn't work.

If any Microsoft people who actually know the logic of which photo is thumbnailed and used on the phone, feel free to contribute.
    10-10-2014 10:50 AM
    Have same problem...really annoying me. I am glad I came across this thread...i just started one myself earlier regarding this...as soon as I get a reply I will let you know and vice versa 😊
    10-10-2014 06:08 PM
    still have the problem
    10-12-2014 09:16 PM
    I changed the cover via onedrive for folder (album) named Mobile uploads to a picture of myself. The phone is still showing a thumbnail of the first picture in there (sorted by date asc). So that didn't work.
    My 1520 was away for repair and when it was returned to me I reset it and restored the backup I took just before sending it away. Now the Mobile Uploads folder (album) is showing a thumbnail of the picture of myself that I set as the cover. So, it seems that it is related to this somehow.

I've just changed the cover on OneDrive. Will see if it changes on the phone over the next couple of days,
    10-17-2014 04:58 AM
    Nope, it's still the same thumbnail picture of me. It hasn't changed.
    10-20-2014 05:30 AM
    Remove the picture from the Album

Then Got to:
    -Settings
    -Storage Check
    -Details
    -Clear Temporary File

Open the OneDrive from my Photos->Albums->Online (OneDrive)
    10-20-2014 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the info, henkdeboer33!
    This worked for me. Me and a couple friends share rude photos with each other as a joke, and one of these things wound up as the album thumbnail.. I had to make sure nobody was looking over my shoulder when looking in Onedrive for something
    10-26-2014 11:10 PM
    Thanks, works for me too. I've got Storage Sense, but clearing the temp files in there worked.
    10-27-2014 07:08 AM
    AHHHHH why didn't I see this before... I had to do a factory reset and it took 22 straight hours to redownload all my apps again lol... But thanks for the tip tho
    10-27-2014 11:27 AM
    Thnx henk i was waiting for your smart soluation since i posted my question thank you again
    10-31-2014 12:36 PM
    From the OneDrive web interface, I had to individually select the photo from the list of photos, right click then "remove as cover" and do this for each one that would show, that I didn't want. Eventually, I was able to add the one I wanted. I have no clue where they are storing all the "add to cover" photos and for what.
    11-04-2018 02:59 PM