phone in water...

Slade Walker

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally put my Nokia 1520 in the wash for literally 2 minutes. I pulled it out and got it in a bag of rice. How long should I let it sit? It was in my pants pocket and it had a case on it so I'm hoping not much water got to it

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am so interested in hearing more about the outcome on this. There was also a quick fix to leave it under a light bulb for a few hours...personally I wouldn't as it may discolour the paint and warp the screen. Give 24 hours at least tho. But keep us updated as I would be very interested to know what happened

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Kind of like cooking it out?

Vewy vewy intwesting...
A good tip I'm thinking.

Or like making sun tea... But not really. lol

I've never attempted it with a Lumia, but one of my students dropped her iPod in the toilet recently, and we had it back up and running after a few hours of baked rice a la sun. :) It seemed to really dry the iPod out very quickly.

Slade Walker

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So I tried turning it on and nothing happened. :( I opened the sim card tray and micro sd card slot and water came out. I should have opened them sooner but I didn't think about it. I ordered a new (used) one. I'm gonna leave it in the rice and check it in a few days. Maybe something will happen, I need to start checking my pants pocket before washing them. I did this same thing to my Zune HD a couple months ago :/

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
First thing had to be turned off immediately. Then you remove sim and sd card trays (and back-cover/battery if it is possible). Then you put a bag of rice in a bowl, where the phone sits in the middle. You leave it there for at least 48 hours, and 99% of the time it works fine. I hope, even after so many hours, will come back to life, cause it wasn't sea water! Give it one more try, you never know!
Sent from Lumia 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3