Nokia Lumia 920 Flex cable Replacement?

W

WPCentral Question

I have a Lumia 920 and for the past 3 months the compos, Accelerometer, and proximitor stopped working al together causing my screen not to rotate, glance not working, Phone display not turning of when calling, capacitive button lights not turning on, Nokia Camera app crashing, and auto screen brightness malfunctioning. I heard that replacing the button flex cable could be the solution because the sensors like compos and accelerometer are on the flex cable. So I put my phone on the freezer for 60sec freezing only the button flex cable side and it worked for 20 hours. I then froze the other side of the phone and it still didn't work so I once again froze the side with the flex cable and it worked temporarily.

So I Would like to know if it sound like the button flex cable needs replacing. Thank you!!

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
If your compass isn't working then it's either uncalibrated or yes the flex cable isn't working. however the proximity sensor to detect the lighting isn't related to the flex cable, it's located right beside the front facing camera. Of course it would be best to just replace the flex cable for now and see how that goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon