Delete facebook messenger guys. Watch the vid

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If you listen to Fox News you're going to be scared of anything that doesn't suit their agenda. :D

I mean come on, when Microsoft or Apple accept an app that means the app went through a certification process that includes securities like (taking pictures without permission or awareness of users)
Its funny how the guy also does not understand how web browsers work and how access to your camera through a webpage will certainly promote the light to come on even if one managed to allow that access in the first place.

Fox News owners were already charged with multiple privacy breeches while they continue to spread "****" about any subject that doesn't suit their damn owners.

and I love how funny those people are with their idiotic questions; If you remove the app you're fine right ???? RIGHT?
No **** heads if you believed it can hack you then you're already hacked you ***** pieces of ****s.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not just fox news that is reporting this.

I'm not sure why any app would need to know who you are calling, recording conversations without you knowing or use of the camera's without you initiating it. That should just never be allowed.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Of course it needs permition to your camera if you want to send a pic or video to who ever the f..k you text. Of course it needs a permition to your galery if you want to send a photo from it to who ever you are texting. Of course it needs a permition for your mic if you want to send a voice mesage or use their free voip call. It also needs to see your contact to see who else from them use this app so it can serve you better. I am not saying you need any of this as you don't need Facebook in your life at all, but if you want to use any of these services, you need to give these permitions. People are just nuts. ( This is not against OP, but these rediculous people on Fox News.)

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled it because FB Messenger was eating up my battery. Maybe because of all the background stuff it is doing. Strangely, there is no option to disable background running of this app.

After uninstalling the battery life of my 820 (which by design is crap), improved noticably.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled it because FB Messenger was eating up my battery. Maybe because of all the background stuff it is doing. Strangely, there is no option to disable background running of this app.

After uninstalling the battery life of my 820 (which by design is crap), improved noticably.
There is an option to disable the background task which is disabling facebook (they used the same core to reduce data and battery usage)

Of course it needs permition to your camera if you want to send a pic or video to who ever the f..k you text. Of course it needs a permition to your galery if you want to send a photo from it to who ever you are texting. Of course it needs a permition for your mic if you want to send a voice mesage or use their free voip call. It also needs to see your contact to see who else from them use this app so it can serve you better. I am not saying you need any of this as you don't need Facebook in your life at all, but if you want to use any of these services, you need to give these permitions. People are just nuts. ( This is not against OP, but these rediculous people on Fox News.)

They think that the people who check the apps and allow it to be published would not look into the basic of things like "spying capabilities"

Last edited by a moderator:

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
As soon as I saw the title I knew this was going to be about Messenger asking for permissions that pretty much all Android apps ask for.
Its just because its Facebook that this made the news.

This isn't news.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This isn't even "Fox News."

It's a local channel that's owned by Fox. The only "Fox News" is the cable news channel. This local channel is just as qualified to discuss local news as any other local news channel.

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
All I have to say is, if you don't have any idea what a app permissions are and why it requires them then you shouldn't be allowed to own a smart phone if u r gonna freak out for no reason. Swear, think people are just getting stupid by the day..

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd be more afraid of Google asking for all those permissions. OH WAIT, if you have an Android phone, you already have the biggest reseller of personal information looking through your phone!

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]
Thread cleaned out.
Stay on topic!
[/WARN]

Sorry to let you down Guytronic. :( I think the issue here is people not reading into what these permissions are used for. A little common sense would tell you that the app needs these to function correctly. The store requires you be forthcoming about the permissions you will be employing. Isn't that nice? But then we have idiots who think the world will end because facebook didn't want to annoy you for your permission everytime you sent a message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss