The impossibility of APN setting. After WP 8.1 update - Lumia 820

W

WPCentral Question

Hi,

I have updated to Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 820 recently. Now I am abroad and use Giff gaff network (O2). However my mobile data (internet at all) doesn't work. It is not possible to set up apn. I have already tried many methods as per many manuals for apn setting. The problem is, that I should go to "settings - mobile + SIM - SIM settings - Edit internet APN". But the option "edit internet APN" is missing on my mobile phone :-( Whole button is missing.

Please help me, I am lost in foreign city without internet connection.

Thank you very much.

Marek

Marek_Sasek

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I have installed sysapp. When I want to download access point it says me that I already have it installed so only option I can do is "view". When I click on it, my app list is displayed at the place where "access point" should probably be. However it isn't there. :( I am very unhappy about that.

I think that I have tried all options to solve this problem....

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You can find the access point settings only in the settings menu. It does not have a place in the app list. If you still cannot find it in the settings menu, I'm afraid the only option is to do a hard reset as WP rarely has this bad habit of making one or few apps disappearing from the app list( though I have never heard anything in the settings menu disappear) and I have no other solution than this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett