Can I change the email linked to Window 8.1 (Nokia Lumia 920)? How can I do that?

Abhudit

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
HI! I recently upgraded my Lumia 920 from Window 8 to 8.1.

At the time of setting up my phone I didn't bother much about opening a Microsoft account and just typed in some random email.

Few days back my phone got stalled the service center upgraded my software to 8.1. Now with the upgraded version it is asking me password for the random email....which I cant remember. Since I have never used that email the Microsoft recovery is not helpful; it keeps declining coz of lack of information I provide.

Now I cant download or update any of the apps as it keeps asking for my email & its password for which I have no clue.

Can I change the email linked to Nokia Lumia 920? How can I do that?

ColorRingStudio

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
If you don't remember the password of the current Microsoft account, you have to hard reset the phone.
If you can find the password of the current Microsoft account, you can follow the steps below to change the primary email account on Windows Phone 8.1 without hard reset:
◾Enter your Microsoft account at the following address: mail.live.com
◾Log into your account and then go to the settings by pressing on your name and then tap on Account Settings option. If you have to put the password again, do it.

how to change primary email account on Windows Phone 8.1 without hard reset
◾Select the option Alias and you will see your account. It is not necessary to remove it, just create a new one by pressing on Add Alias. Create a new one to your liking and confirmed.

Change your primary email account on Windows phone
◾Once created, the new account will be added to the list. To change the account you choose Make primary.

Change email address without hard reset
◾Once confirmed a few seconds later a notification will arrive on your device and it will ask you to re-enter the password for the new account created.
◾If you wish, you can also delete your old account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad