Don't you guys think WP8 was much smoother than WP 8.1?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been facing some lags or when I exit any app live tiles going blank. No difference whether apps are on SD card or phone.

Which 8.1? 8.1/update 1 dev preview or Lumia cyan. Developers preview has some problems, so you could switch to cyan. Wp7.8 was faster than 7.5, 8 was faster than 7.8, 8.1(cyan) is faster than 8. If you have cyan, then try a soft reset if it could fix it.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
i agree wp8 was a bit smoother but on the whole WP8.1 with cyan has brought alot of improvements to the platform and there are more pros than cons
i wish the camera performance was like Portico though,it is certainly better than before though
as for resuming screen and load times,i dont understand why whatsapp is slow to adapt than even hike and make a wp8.1 update
i hate hike messenger because they spam your contacts etc alot but they have done a better job than whatsapp on every platform including WP8.1
there are many such apps like viber which still need a proper update for wp8.1 support and there arent any excuses for this delay

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've seen that in many places performance has taken a hit in Windows Phone 8.1, but I would expect that because Microsoft didn't introduce any new performance improvements with the loads of the new features.

But it's not a huge issue, I would easily take the newer functionality over the faster Windows Phone 8.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
thats not true,windows phone 8.1 is still very smooth,its just that wp8 was a bit smoother sometimes
microsoft did revamp the OS kernel in WP8.1 to improve performance especially battery,ram and camera

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yup... Facing start screen lag when pressing start button while running IE, wpcentral app.... WP8 didn't had these issues...

sadly these issues are because the apps arent properly optimised/updated for WP8.1
especially whatsapp
if you want an example of an app which runs with near zero resuming screens- try opera mini beta,one of the few apps compiled around wp8.1 ,a bit buggy yes but it proves that proper optimisation can get rid of "resuming" screen,even MS needs to learn from this to improve IE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos