Nokia Lumia 635 Windows Phone Questions

W

WPCentral Question

Hello,
I recently got a Nokia Lumia 635 (I think it had Windows 8.1). I had a few questions about my new windows phone.

1. Where can I find out my mobile phone number? I've been told I can find it by clicking on the phone icon and then going into settings, but I don't see it there (I see things like voicemail number).

2. When I click on the magnifying glass to do searching, it says "search web or phone." Is there a way I can change it so that searching is only done within the phone and never on the web?

3. My voicemail number is blank under phone settings. Why is this the case? Shouldn't it be the same as my mobile phone number?

Thank you.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
1. If you go to settings then go over to applications then chick phone you can find your number.

2. If you are on Wp8.1 and your regional and language settings are set to us with your location on you can use Cortana to search your phone to some degree. On WP8.1 Update 1 you can use Cortana in the UK and some other countries to do the same but they are in beta right now. Your only real alternative is to check the site for an app from Microsoft called Files which acts as a file manager.

3. Not really sure why this is blank, maybe someone else can help you with this one or you can check your providers website to help figure out what the number should be.

Rebbig

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for your response! In regard to my third question, the voicemail number is no longer blank (although it's different than my mobile phone's number, is this normal?). Also, in regards to your suggestion for my first question about how to find my mobile phone number, it doesn't appear where you are suggesting it should appear. I go to "all settings" by swiping in from the top, and then I click on the applications tab, and then I click on phone (please tell me if this is incorrect). My number does not appear here.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I go to "all settings" by swiping in from the top, and then I click on the applications tab, and then I click on phone (please tell me if this is incorrect). My number does not appear here.
This is correct at the top you should see it says my number the your number listed below it.

Rebbig

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be listed there. The first thing I see is "Use default voicemail number" and then I have a slider that's either on or off. Then below that is my (no longer blank) voicemail number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)