HTML5 issues on Lumia 635

Rogarcai

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 635 not to long ago as my first Windows phone. For the price it is a good phone.

Anyway, I was trying to watch a game on bein sports connect on my phone but a message appears telling me to download flash player. We all know flash player is no longer supported on mobile devices so couldn't download flash of I wanted to.

While reading the troubleshooting FAQs I noticed that they specify that the player should be able to differentiate between a mobile and desktop browser and switch from flash to html5 accordingly.

However, that does not seem to be the case for me. Does anyone know how I can help solve this issue or is this one of those one instances where developers like to discriminate on IE for how it used to be. Either way I don't want to buy a new phone in order to watch a football game every weekend when not at home. If I can't solve this issue I'll probably cancel my sports pack subscription with my cable company and save myself the $9 a month.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, are you enrolled in the Developer Preview? Because the current release in there (not yet public) changes the User Agent of IE, making it appear as an Android, an iPhone, depending on the site IIRC. That might solve your problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs