Is Nokia Lumia 830 Bad In Performance Compared to 1520?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 is about the fastest out there. Except for the HTC One M8 and 930, which is a bit faster and is the same, respectively.

The 830 obviously will not perform as well, but will it be bad performance? Not necessarily.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
None of the WPs lag, but still performance differs according to the processor /ram. Sometimes the performance(for extreme ones) is noticeable whereas sometimes(for similar phones) its not

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Agree wp is for performance in low end.sadly world is not realising it.i meant low end phone buyers.They buy low end android for apps but cant use them all the time due to RAM issues.funny world.
From Windows phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Performance is vague... It depends on what you value in a device.

Look here: Nokia Lumia 1520 vs. Nokia Lumia 830 - GSMArena.com

• 830 is smaller, lighter and more pocketable
  • 1520 has a larger screen and higher resolution with greater pixel density
  • 830 has Gorilla Glass 3 vs GG2 for 1520
  • 830 allows Dolby Enhancement from speakers and headset (1520 Dolby headset only)
  • Both take up to 128GB Ultra SD cards (1520 info needs an update on that spec)
  • Unless you get an AT&T branded 1520 it has double the internal memory (32GB) of the 830 {AT&T model matches 830 at 16GB}
  • At 2GB, 1520 has double the RAM of 830
  • 1520 has double the mega-pixels and a larger sensor on the back camera and higher mega-pixels on the front cam, plus dual LED flash to the 830's single LED
  • Despite the newness of the 830's Snapdragon 400, the 1520's Snapdragon 800 CPU clocks out almost twice as fast with a better GPU benchmark as well - The 1520 will get "Hey, Cortana" active listening support while 830's SD 400 chipset will not allow for that due to a hardware limitation
  • Nothing comes close in WP to the battery life of 1520's massive 3400 mAH battery
  • I've seen benchmarks that claim 1520 is best for gaming across all platforms

​Hope that helps decide you...

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

• 830 allows Dolby Enhancement from speakers and headset (1520 Dolby headset only)
  • Unless you get an AT&T branded 1520 it has double the internal memory (32GB) of the 830 {AT&T model matches 830 at 16GB}
  • 1520 has double the mega-pixels and a larger sensor on the back camera and higher mega-pixels on the front cam, plus dual LED flash to the 830's single LED
  • Despite the newness of the 830's Snapdragon 400, the 1520's Snapdragon 800 CPU clocks out almost twice as fast with a better GPU benchmark as well - The 1520 will get "Hey, Cortana" active listening support while 830's SD 400 chipset will not allow for that due to a hardware limitation
  • Nothing comes close in WP to the battery life of 1520's massive 3400 mAH battery

Thanks Alot for this

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

"I've seen benchmarks that claim 1520 is best for gaming across all platforms", emm nope, it is the best performer in graphics but not the best for gaming, simply because of the lack of games (in comparison to iOS, android) and how bad optimized the games are for WP (remember Hungry Shark??!)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Title says all

The UI should work smoothly on both devices, you may start to see differences in certain applications that need a beefier CPU or GPU.

But the Snapdragon 400 SOC is a respectable one, it runs Android devices smoothly and it runs Windows Phone devices smoothly.

Considering that very few games on the Windows Phone Store take advantage of the 1520's much more powerful GPU, gaming should be on par with each other as well.

My only problem, is that point of yours. Simply put from the hardware side, there are beefier GPUs used in the Snapdragon 801 SOCs used in Android handsets, and even in the HTC One M8 for Windows.

Plus when you go into the software side, the 1520 lacks behind too many titles for it to be called "the best" for gaming across all platforms.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
The UI should work smoothly on both devices, you may start to see differences in certain applications that need a beefier CPU or GPU.

But the Snapdragon 400 SOC is a respectable one, it runs Android devices smoothly and it runs Windows Phone devices smoothly.

Considering that very few games on the Windows Phone Store take advantage of the 1520's much more powerful GPU, gaming should be on par with each other as well.

My only problem, is that point of yours. Simply put from the hardware side, there are beefier GPUs used in the Snapdragon 801 SOCs used in Android handsets, and even in the HTC One M8 for Windows.

Plus when you go into the software side, the 1520 lacks behind too many titles for it to be called "the best" for gaming across all platforms.

Precisely . All things considered, the 1520 is top dog on WP but android and ios have moved on. As far as gaming is concerned, the older dual core cpu/gpus out perform the s400.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
"I've seen benchmarks that claim 1520 is best for gaming across all platforms", emm nope, it is the best performer in graphics but not the best for gaming, simply because of the lack of games (in comparison to iOS, android) and how bad optimized the games are for WP (remember Hungry Shark??!)

Ya I think it's more like the best WINDOWS PHONE device for gaming but not against every phone. We still have to see a game that utilises the GPU to the max (or near the max). I mean I want to do that task but I suck so much at 3D modeling that it's ridiculous lol.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Ya I think it's more like the best WINDOWS PHONE device for gaming but not against every phone. We still have to see a game that utilises the GPU to the max (or near the max). I mean I want to do that task but I suck so much at 3D modeling that it's ridiculous lol.

lol, were you willing to prove a point by creating a complex 3d game? hahahahahaha that is some serious WINDOWS LOVE

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
lol, were you willing to prove a point by creating a complex 3d game? hahahahahaha that is some serious WINDOWS LOVE

Actually yes I was going too but then after learning that only Unity supports WP for now I decided to post-pone it until DirectX12 and UE4 work on WP devices that and it'll give me an excuse to design a "universal" app for it on Windows 10 :p. I was going to make an action-RPG game utilizing the gyroscope for movement and swiping to scroll through the menu during combat. I don't remember if it supports a game pad or not but if it does it'll make controlling a lot easier that's for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon