Strange icons after cyan Update Lumia 620

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys i need your help.
Today i upgraded my phone(Lumia 620) to cyan along with Dev prev.Before upgrading my phone was running on wp8.1 without cyan.
After upgrading,my phone was working fine but after using it for more than 3 hours i got a notification saying there are errors on the memory card and that it needs to be scanned in order to fix it.This was not new to me because i had got the same error before.I guess its because i am using a class 4 memory card and i have installed most of my apps on the memory card. So after the scan process was over , i noticed these strange icon in my app list.I
I have attached the image below.

DSC00510.JPG

when i tried to take the screenshot my phone gave me an error "couldn't take screenshot "
Also my Battery saver,Calendar and podcast are not opening. When i long press these icons to select rate and review i am directed to Battery saver,calender and podcast descriptions of all three apps respectively.
Please Help:unhappysweat:

Last edited:

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Ya... I had this problem before as well (No dev prev), not sure what caused it, but what worked for me was to

remove the card > put it in a card reader > let it scan & fix on a PC/laptop

In the rare off-chance that that doesn't work, you might have to transfer the apps to phone & format the card.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
if you just updated to cyan and those are in the phone memory
it's no big deal , just leave it the system is being refreshed that's all
after sometime it should get back to normal , but make sure you stay connected to wifi

if it's on sd card , then remove it and reinsert it again it will ask to fix it , then fix and it's done
if there is no fix it message , then remove it and connect it to pc then search for errors and fix option

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I removed the card after switching my phone OFF and re inserted it..but no luck.
I have also noticed that my music player is not opening.
I even tried using my phone phone without the memory card..still the problem persist.
Just now i realized that most of my options in setting menu are not opening for example display,extras+info..

Last edited:

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i finally did a hard reset and it worked!!!
First i did a backup of everything thats there on my phone i.e. app list, sms,camera roll,etc.
And then after hard reset i just added my account(Microsoft and Nokia) and then everything was automatically synced step by step even my here maps collection was synced.
I really liked the way this entire sync was taking place without the user interruption.Hats off to Nokia and Microsoft for that.
After everything was synced i just had to download all the apps from the store, which took a while as my internet speed is not that great!
Now my phone is as good as new and the strange icon issue is gone.
Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs