Flash ROM for Windows Phone.

Ankit Rathi

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Any one here who had tried to or searched for Flash ROM for windows phone.
I don't think so that flash ROMs for windows phone is there. Nither by cyanogen nor by xda... Are windows phone that much secured...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Any one here who had tried to or searched for Flash ROM for windows phone.
I don't think so that flash ROMs for windows phone is there. Nither by cyanogen nor by xda... Are windows phone that much secured...

Yes. It has only been unlocked once and that was on a Samsung phone, it was rumored later that the Lumia 920 was also hacked into, but the info wasn't released, so no affirmative information about it came to the surface.

That's just how secured the OS is. Same with Windows RT, sadly (though someone did get Doom to play on it).

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
That's just how secured the OS is. Same with Windows RT, sadly

I wouldn't say "sadly" at all. I'm glad the OS is secure. It makes me feel more secure about owning it, and gives me extra reason to scoff at Android.

I've had a Windows Mobile device for nearly 8 years, running Windows Mobile 5. Solid phone, still almost like new, still use it regularly. People were flashing the ROMs on those phones in order to upgrade the OS, because there was no other way to do it. With Windows Phone, it can be upgraded without having to flash the ROM. Just download the new upgrades and install them. No worries about getting a ROM from a dubious source that could be infected with all sorts of malicious code.

That's my 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon