Windows Phone Solar Charging Panels?

W

WPCentral Question

Before we knew Microsoft was going to phase out the Nokia name the rumored Lumia 1520 successor (1525) was supposedly going to feature a "solar charging panel" according to some internet rumor mills. Is this possible at all and if so, should we expect Microsoft to feature this in any future flagships in 2015?

I really hope there was something to these rumors because if Microsoft could pull off a phone that's capable of using sunlight to charge its battery then they'll finally have a game changer. Everyone I've talked with about this (iOS and Android friends) drooled over the concept. If they could patent such a design to prevent Apple, Samsung etc from following suit, Windows Phone would finally have something capable of driving market share.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
or possibly a case maker utilizing existing technology !

Problem is the amount of energy generated is directly proportional to surface area of collector panels. That would have been an inspired offshoot of the Dot View case.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a great idea, but I would be concerned about the potential heat problems considering that with a slay panel, people are probably going to be leaving the phone places like a car dash in direct sunlight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck