Why can't I send or receive pictures in text messages?

jimroper

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't send or receive pictures in text messages

I have a Lumia 920 that is an ATT version unlocked to TMobile. I just got updated to Cyan yesterday. I am still unable to send and receive pictures in text messages. What are the proper settings to be able to do this? I was able to do this before I did the developers preview to update to 8.1

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't send or receive pictures in text messages

Go into Access Point and make sure your APN settings are in order.

I believe you could easily find T-Mo's on the internet.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

928 of Verizon on Tmobile also can't send mms. And to send SMS I need switch to 2G

928 and Icon as I used both. It's a real drag having to switch to cellular all the time and I don't wanna leave it on. They need to make a toggle on the notification center....really.

jimroper

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

I have tried going into access point and entering the recommended tmobile settings and saving but still no luck. Am I missing something obvious? I have also tried going into "cellular+SIM" and modifying the sim settings. This is VERY frustrating.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Bing (or google) "tmobile APN MMS settings" and go back into cellular+sim in settings and make sure you got it right? Or call tmobile and have them push it from their end.. Have you rebooted the phone?

jimroper

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

I have made sure that I put in exactly what is listed on their website and rebooted the phone. Does anybody else have any ideas?

Master69

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I've had the same problem on my Lumia 1020 after the WP 8.1 updates and I've solved it by adding a new access point. Make sure that you complete the Internet and MMS sections with the settings as provided by your mobile carrier.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I encountered this issue when changing my 1020 from AT&T to T-Mobile.

I manually changed the APN settings but still encountered issues also with group MMS.

Eventually, I conducted a factory reset with the T-Mobile SIM in the phone. This action caused the T-Mobile APN settings to automatically and successfully import.

No MMS problems (an annoying "No Subject" on every group MMS occurred in 8 and still present) after upgrading from 8 to 8.1/Cyan with both 1020 and 1520. Note that I never used DP.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I encountered this issue when changing my 1020 from AT&T to T-Mobile.

I manually changed the APN settings but still encountered issues also with group MMS.

Eventually, I conducted a factory reset with the T-Mobile SIM in the phone. This action caused the T-Mobile APN settings to automatically and successfully import.

No MMS problems (an annoying "No Subject" on every group MMS occurred in 8 and still present) after upgrading from 8 to 8.1/Cyan with both 1020 and 1520. Note that I never used DP.
do you need to create your APN on your desktop as well or just on the phone? I wanna see about using my old 900 on verizons network after I unlock it. It'll just be an extra phone eventually for my son after I receive my digitizer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3