When I try to update my Wp to the 8.1 Update, why am I being told that I do not have enough storage space?

W

WPCentral Question

Problem With wp 8.1 Update, Not Enough Storage

I have wp 8.1 preview for developers and today i received a notification about the new 8.1 update but when i tried to install it there wasn't enough storage, it needs 860 MB.
So i deleted everything that can be deleted, even the other storage but the best i could come up with was 550 MB.
If i reset my phone would i have to reinstall every single update since the day i bought my phone (2 years ago) or just the latest update ?

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem With wp 8.1 Update, Not Enough Storage

It is possible yes but I believe it will go straight to the DevPrev8.1 update. In all honesty, it is only one way to find out. You can backup all of your items and restore from backup afterwards.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem With wp 8.1 Update, Not Enough Storage

No when you hard reset your phone you will wipe all the data you put onto the device and not the O/S, I would say best back up your documents, photos etc onto a PC or what ever you use and create a cloud back up manually via settings - back up - apps & settings - back up now.

However when you restore after installing the update you will lose any apps or games that have been pulled from the store *as they are re-installed directly from the store itself) along with app / game data that do not utilise onedrive for cloud saves.

It is possible yes but I believe it will go straight to the DevPrev8.1 update. In all honesty, it is only one way to find out. You can backup all of your items and restore from backup afterwards.

No a hard reset doesn't wipe the O/S unless you force flash say portico on to your device then you would need to go through all the updates if they are not packaged into one push (most likely they won't be given the timescale between the updates).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo