Which Surface?

FranBlagru

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm in this dilemma in which Surface I should get... so I'm asking for your help/opinion. So... I saw the Surface 2 and it's nice and all but the problem is that I can't play much games on it (I really like League of Legends, Grid 2 and Grid AutoSport). So then I saw the Surface Pro, and I really like the first generation... but is it really worth it getting it now, that 2 more Surface Pros are out after it. I like the Pro 2 and 3 but that price is a bit high, and buying it from here will be higher. So I need your help: Is it worth it to get the Surface Pro now? Or should I pay some more to get a Pro 2? Also note that I have a gaming PC, but to play games on the go is pretty cool to me.
Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The chief issue with the Original Surface Pro is battery life. It will clock in at around 4-5 hours of battery life. (without the optional Power Cover)

On the contrary, the RT/ARM-based/non-Pro Surface RT and 2 have much better battery life, at the cost of legacy programs as you know.

The Surface Pro 2 is similar to the Pro 1, but has much better battery life, at around 7 hours or so. (and minor tweaks)

The 3 is further improved, but under-the-hood isn't amazingly-faster.

The Surface Pro will be just fine on one condition. the decrease in battery life is something you can live with and is worth the money spent. ALSO, the optional power cover can cost quite a bit, but can be worth it.

Think of the Surface vs Surface Pro's as more of an iPad vs. Macbook situation.

FranBlagru

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I will probably get a Surface Pro then. (the problem is finding a seller in Europe, which doesn't sell it at a very high price) I don't require much battery life right now so a Surface Pro will do. Thanks a lot :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes