Music sync woes - Not all songs synced visible in music app

Madhav Mohan

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
After copying my music collection from my PC to my Lumia (Through an sd card) I found that not all my music was showing on the Xbox music app. Mixradio shows all my music (but it lags massively on my 520). I figured out that all my songs whose names start with letters before S made it onto the xbox app. There is not a SINGLE song after S. Also, its been two days and yes, I am using the Xbox music standalone app on windows phone 8.1. All help is GREATLY APPRECIATED :))

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have found in the past that doing a soft reset when my phone wont read all music helps. Then I go into the app and go to artist and or songs a d scroll through it and it forces it to update. Or you might search for an artist or song that's nit showing up and see if that forces it to update.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Might work, might not. But I was able to get it to update once by adding a playlist with the songs/artist in it, playing the playlist on another app such as musictastic (Xbox wouldn't see the playlist if yours does skip this step) then switching to Xbox music while its playing on shuffle and skip a song. For some reason this forced the app to recatolog the new entries.

Madhav Mohan

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Something I did which may have solved the problem(to help others who might've faced something similar) was to download a song from music+ and export it to the music app. The song name started from t - I guess this is what solved it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb