Question for the windows phone users

nakialj

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Would you return back to Apple and Android? Or would you keep using your windows phone devices no matter how many new ones are out?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I found myself to be happiest with Windows Phone. To me, OS is first, hardware second. So Apple and other OEMs can put out as many phones as they see fit. My 920 isn't new by any stretch, but I enjoy using it.
I might pick up an older iPhone as a secondary device, but not really going to be my daily driver.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Never (Apple) and Most Likely Not (Android) in that order.

However, there may be new entries I might try out. If/when Jolla releases a phone with North American LTE... That's very tempting. Or maybe LuneOS if it matures enough for daily use.

Asfalloth

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have personally owned and used ios, android, blackberry and windows mobile devices, and due to my job support users on all of these bar windows phone devices, weirdly the device I personally use is a Lumia 1520 with developer preview.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I fell in love when I saw the first ever Windows Phone 7 devices, and wasn't able to get one until my 920, last year. I still have till April next year on my contract. Though I absolutely love my Windows Phone, there are a few frustrating features namely the lack of apps for major services.

I live in London, and travel around using public transport, but the only decent public transport app is London Travel. It does nearly everything but no management of Oyster card / history view.

I am an avid fan of poetry, and one of the biggest apps I miss is the poetry foundation app. I even contacted them to ask if they were going to make a windows 8 / windows phone 8 app, and they said no.

Though there are some beautiful apps on Windows Phone, like the Barclays Bank one, there are many where the experience, and the ability to do functions is sub-standard. Or there just isn't an app. And it can be frustrating sometimes.

So I don't know, I probably will stick around with WP but there is a slim chance I may move over to android.

blaqui999

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I came from iPhone 3GS some months ago, to Lumia 925, and I'm very proud of the change. When I saw Windows 8 in my PC, two years ago, I started to see the opportunity to change to WP, and I did it.
Nowadays, I like WP, W8, and I can use the apps I used before on iPhone, so perfect. I don't see a switch to other OS shortly.
I hope Windows 9 (TH, or the name they want to put) make grow the plataform.
If anytime I must change my mobile to another OS, I would buy an iPhone (older iPhone)

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Had the iPhone 3g when it came first came out . this was my first smartphone! Sold it about 3 months later, hated it and no return there. Moved to android and got fed up with it in terms of updates which required a new phone with every update from 1.6 to 2.1 and then 2.3. don't remember the pastry and biscuits names. But it was around this time windows phones 7 started to appear and them live tiles OS hooked me and still does today. SO long story short, no return!! (would love to see the lg 3 with windows 8.1 now)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss