What should I do ? Lumia 720 hangs

W

WPCentral Question

Before 8.1 update i never faced this problem but after 8.1 update today my phone hang and i have to wait for the battery to get over so that i can restart my phone . I was not able to use any key neither it's switching off nor i am able to do anything . The messages and calls keeps on coming but am not able to do anything as it got stuck on the lock screen and the touch and phone speed was also giving me headache also earlier today when i was playing subway it stuck there for around half hour . I now personally feel to throw it in a crusher. It's hard to believe that this phone can hang to this situation. I am screwed please suggest something.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Before 8.1 update i never faced this problem but after 8.1 update today my phone hang and i have to wait for the battery to get over so that i can restart my phone . I was not able to use any key neither it's switching off nor i am able to do anything . The messages and calls keeps on coming but am not able to do anything as it got stuck on the lock screen and the touch and phone speed was also giving me headache also earlier today when i was playing subway it stuck there for around half hour . I now personally feel to throw it in a crusher. It's hard to believe that this phone can hang to this situation. I am screwed please suggest something.

had the same problem but only once and a soft reset helped. delete the temp files. stop some unwanted background apps

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
KEEP CALM
AND
BUY iPHONE​

I have Lumia 720 too and an iPad Air. Actually Apple support, update and respect is not comparable to MS
I had my ios 8 update exactly at the time that was promised but every day I face with an error when I want to update my 8.1 to 8.1.1
I have not any information about other Lumia(s) functionality but can not risk my time and money on another one so I am going to buy an iPhone too
Peace

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
KEEP CALM
AND
BUY iPHONE​

I have Lumia 720 too and an iPad Air. Actually Apple support, update and respect is not comparable to MS
I had my ios 8 update exactly at the time that was promised but every day I face with an error when I want to update my 8.1 to 8.1.1
I have not any information about other Lumia(s) functionality but can not risk my time and money on another one so I am going to buy an iPhone too
Peace
Haha 😆 your beloved iPad doesn't even have a dedicated GPS. Lol fail. No fm, no offline navigation, no file manager, no sd slot, no micro usb can't transfer files via Bluetooth, no mass transfer protocol, no inbuilt Office for free, and many many other things. Lol iPhone sucks. Big time.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
KEEP CALM
AND
BUY iPHONE​

Peace

You are comparing a $270 device to something that costs above $700...how is that even justified?

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Haha �� your beloved iPad doesn't even have a dedicated GPS. Lol fail. No fm, no offline navigation, no file manager, no sd slot, no micro usb can't transfer files via Bluetooth, no mass transfer protocol, no inbuilt Office for free, and many many other things. Lol iPhone sucks. Big time.

all these options which you have listed does not have any price without strong support
PEACE

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I did not compare Devices, I compared OS platforms :)
poor support does not related to Devices
KEEP CALM
AND
READ CAREFULLY​
PEACE

We'll then I guess what you said is true.

Haha sorry man.

But generally speaking updates can cause temporary issues that companies do resolve, I mean iOS 8.0.1 was a disaster, no?

I'm sure Nokia will resolve these issues.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
KEEP CALM
AND
READ CAREFULLY​
PEACE
In a way you did compare devices. If you had compared, say, the 1520 with the iPad or iPhone, it would have been a fair comparison, because iPhones in general are high-end and not sold as budget devices by Apple. The 925 received cyan almost immediately after 8.1 was" officially" announced. And by the way, you have the dev preview which allows you to bypass carriers. You can get the OS update on ANY WP device immediately after it is announced, you only have to wait for the firmware, which is not so important.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
KEEP CALM
AND
READ CAREFULLY​
PEACE

Alright you compare OS platforms agreed. Price might not matter to you, but it matters for others. You are recommending an iPhone to a 720 user? Well if the user had 1520/930, it would have still made sense to recommend an iPhone to them. There's a lot of difference between 720's & iPhones price, more than twice the difference

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Alright you compare OS platforms agreed. Price might not matter to you, but it matters for others. You are recommending an iPhone to a 720 user? Well if the user had 1520/930, it would have still made sense to recommend an iPhone to them. There's a lot of difference between 720's & iPhones price, more than twice the difference
First of all: he asked "What should I do ? Lumia 720 hangs" and did not mention any thing about price, he asked generally
Second: I said iPhone not iPhone 6, there are a lot of used iPhones out there who can solve his problems
PEACE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss