Why are the apps on my SD Card not working after I do soft reset?

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
SD Card Problem

Why is it whenever I do a soft reset, the apps on the SD card just decide to stop working, and after scanning for error it will mention "Unrecoverable Errors"

Im getting sick and tired of hard resetting my phone every 1-4 weeks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: SD Card Problem

I would recommend either a hard reset or using Nokia Software Recovery Tool. If you're resetting your phone that often then there's something wrong with the installation.

Be sure to backup prior to doing either as both wipe your phone clean.

Before using your SD card I'd recommend formatting it in the phone or if it's older replacing it. SD cards do go bad, even the expensive ones.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I see
Well ill hard reset then, I cant do NSRT till TMo gets off their fat rear and OTA Cyan and 8.1. THEN ill NSRT and get back on preview. Then simply store pictures and videos and songs on sd card only till I get a new one, its a fairly new card but next time Ill buy a legit one instead of an unbranded one on ebay.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You can still use NSRT as, it will just put the latest version of the firmware on (whatever that is) then go DP after that if you want.

I had a cheap SD card (supposedly a good brand) in my wife's L820. It went corrupt and we lost a whole bunch of photos from one of our trips. Was very disappointing. I'll never do that again.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

For a 521? Lumia Black and 8.0, I don't feel like spending all day with that and then updating all the way to 8.1.14XXX.243

SanDisk, Kingston, Lexar
Ultra/Extreme w/e as long as its Class 10 or Class 10 U1
The only ones to get ~

addicusbrown

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My wife's brand new 1520 (3 days old) just threw this error on her new SanDisk class 10 32GB card. Disappointing. Glad to hear we can do a hard reset and reformat the card. If it goes wrong I guess it will be time to get a new card.

Update: I have the Developer Preview on this phone and it had a few updates to finish. I updated the phone, let all the apps reinstall and voil?, no more issues. She must have left the WiFi zone at home before her apps were reinstalled for this issue to occur. Issue fixed for me. Peace.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills