Example 1

Language -> English (UK)
    Region -> Country -> Germany
    Region -> Regional format -> German (Germany)

Weekdays in the home screen, weather app,...all in German!!! Even though English (UK) is my selected language.

Example 2

Language -> English (UK)
    Region -> Country -> Germany
    Region -> Regional format -> match phone language

Currency set to pounds!!! I live in Germany and we have euros here....
    gpizzato likes this.
    10-02-2014 03:20 AM
    You should contact MS about this issue. It may be they are not aware of it. You contact them through the support page.

Support | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)

Let us know if you get good feedback.
    10-02-2014 05:12 AM
    MS is aware of it. Apparently it is by design. Even Windows desktop works in this same way, and it has worked that way for over a decade.

You can fix it though. Just change everything to UK English, and then override the number and currency format settings as desired. It's not as quick and intuitive as I'd like, but it works.
    Last edited by a5cent; 10-02-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    10-02-2014 07:11 AM
    MS is aware of it. Apparently it is by design. Even Windows desktop works in this same way, and it has worked that way for over a decade.

You can fix it though. Just change everything to UK English, and then override the number and currency format settings as desired. It's not as quick and intuitive as I'd like, but it works.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk
    That's a rather tedious way to do things I have to admit.

Can you show us how you override those things in WP? I've never seen the settings.
    10-02-2014 07:21 AM
    IMHO tedious is putting it mildly. I suspect this is just another one of those situations where MS is incapable of understanding their international customers. These days it's very common to meet people who want a U.K. or U.S. English device (prefers English for their tech) with German number formatting (grew up in Germany and prefers what they are used to), but wants the device hooked up to the Swiss app store and use Swiss Francs (because they currently live in Switzerland). Of course you can replace that combination with hundreds of others. It's just one example of what results of today's globalized economy. None of these formatting/language/currency issues are in any way related, but MS just can't wrap their brains around that and always insists on tying them together in some ridiculous way.

Anyway, my previous explanation was incorrect. Sorry. On WP you are basically screwed. If someone put this up on user voice I'd give it 3 votes.

On Windows the solution is just not intuitive, but at least it's possible.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-02-2014 11:43 AM