Why am I getting an error message after I installed Windows 10 Preview?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Network Drivers are failing - Windows 10 Preview

On my second PC, where I installed Windows 10 Preview, the Realtek drivers no longer work. It comes up with an error when I install the drivers: "Realtek network controller could not found, if deep sleep mode is enabled plug the cable."

I Googled it, and have tried every conceivable solution possible. Can anyone help?

Thomas_kc

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Network Drivers are failing - Windows 10 Preview

I have the exact same problem! except with Intel onboard Ethernet!

I upgraded from win7... everything else works, except that (pretty big deal).

I am currently trying a fresh install... just for the sake of it...

argh! :p

Thomas_kc

May 3, 2013
Visit site

did my last reply not work?

I have the same problem! nothing works.

asrock H97 motherboard with intel ethernet, controller simply doesn't get recognized. :/

Last edited:

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

the preview may not have the drivers installed. Try to download and extract the driver files from a win8 driver install, then point the "upgrade or install drivers" to the extracted sys files.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

It is possible that some drivers simply may not work yet for Windows 10. While the driver model for Win8 should work, there may be incompatibilities. Realtek didn't have any privileged access to Windows 10 to ensure that their drivers worked properly.

My laptop has an Intel WLAN chip in it, and the driver for Windows 8 still doesn't work 100%. There are times that my laptop is flaky, especially when I try to connect to a public wifi somewhere. I'll have to try two or three times to connect. Sometimes I give up and use tethering on my phone, which my laptop generally has no issue connecting to. But it is frustrating.

Thomas_kc

May 3, 2013
Visit site

No one is complaining, we are trying to find solutions.

There will always be problems, but without Internet it will be damn hard to test the Tech Preview.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes you are complaining, not really sure that it was meant to be released to general users, but rather experienced individuals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs