How to add a regular contact without them going under hotmail?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Every time I save a contact it goes under 'hotmail'. I don't want people in my phone book to be saved under hotmail. I just want a regular contact.

I have unchecked 'don't show hotmail & skype contacts in my people app' but then it doesn't show anyone.

I want my parents and close friends to be saved as a normal bloody contact and not a hotmail contact - how can I do that?

ArthurRump

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
You could make the contact, export your contacts to your SIM, configure the people app to only show your SIM contacts, remove the contacts from your hotmail that are now on your SIM that you don't want there, remove the phone contacts on your hotmail. It is a bit of work, but it works and I don't know another way.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Or you could create a dummy account that you don't normally use and tag them to that account. I will caution you though...

Having a person as "just a regular" contact has its downsides. For example if for whatever reason your phone dies, all your contacts are on the phone itself. Having them automatically sent to some online account is a great way to automatically back them up so you will always have them no matter what happens to the phone. Just a thought.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Your phone doesn't have a contact that isn't saved to an off-phone account. You have to save a contact to some account, whether it's your hotmail or another account. The whole point of this is to have your contact list off your phone to protect your data if your phone is damaged/lost/stolen.

ArthurRump

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Your phone doesn't have a contact that isn't saved to an off-phone account. You have to save a contact to some account, whether it's your hotmail or another account. The whole point of this is to have your contact list off your phone to protect your data if your phone is damaged/lost/stolen.

You can have your contacts on your SIM, where they are offline, as far as I know.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Contacts ARE actually saved to the phone. They are then synced with your hotmail account (that's what sync means to those people saying it just saves them to your account)
This is, as stated for backup purposes. You could just have the contacts on your sim but then that kind of defeats the point of of one of the features of Smart Phone ownership.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte