Is is my screen malfunctioning after the Cyan update?

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
screen being weird

so i have a lumia phone with the latest cyan update and all my apps are all up to date and while i was going through the settings options i have noticed the display settings and i decided to check it out and i opened the colour profile and changed my phone from standard to vivid and i liked how the colours where on my phone until i opened internet explorer and i have noticed that it is kind of purplish or something like that and i have tried opening youtube site and other sites and there colours were all weird a kind the purple and when i go from vivid to standard everything was back to normal i know this might not be a big issue but i like how it was in vivid mode but i dont like how the site colours are and i have the latest update to display.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: screen being weird

You didn't mention what phone you have but going by your description putting your display on vivid is likely to cause tinting around the edges.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

The color changes will change the saturations and hues of standard colors, this will affect the colors of all the apps as well, it's like changing the color modes on your monitor.

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

The color changes will change the saturations and hues of standard colors, this will affect the colors of all the apps as well, it's like changing the color modes on your monitor.

but why does the colour purple appear on webpages that dont even have a colour of purple ?
Sorry if my questions are a bit newbie or somewhat i am still new on this windows phone os coming from android is a big change.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Vivid must change the saturation or hues to add more red/blue to the base of the color spectrum, this will make whites/yellows/greens look more purple as a whole. Let me test on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte