Why won't Cortana work with anything connected via Bluetooth on Windows 8.1 Nokia 1520 phone?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

cortana will not work with anything connected via bluetooth on windows 8.1 nokia 1520 phone

Bluetooth can be on and with no devices connected via Bluetooth Cortana works no problem. But as soon as you connect a device Cortana will do nothing, either by voice or by typing. You do get the typing box and if you press the mic symbol you get a message saying "listening" but nothing happens. The phone has a build date of 7/2/14 and was bought 9/27/14. Has latest OS. I'm assuming Cortana should work with or without a Bluetooth device connected. This problem is happening in my house. Have not checked to see if problem is also occuring in my car. Wife has car and not home.

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: cortana will not work with anything connected via bluetooth on windows 8.1 nokia 1520 phone

Under advanced Bluetooth options, try turning on "use an alternative Bluetooth audio option for speech" and reconnect. It worked for me on a new BMW Bluetooth system

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12