What is the best Music Player for WP?

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am wondering what is the best music player for WP 8.1? I see there is xbox music and nokia media.

I am looking to put my songs on my phone, not sure which of these apps or if there is another app I should be using?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Didn't you see the rating of Xbox music.
It's the best, fastest and most fluid music player.
You can compare it with Android and iOS music player and you will find that they are slowpoke compare to Xbox music.

Xbox music is the best player that MS can provide. It's the best in whole industry.

You seriously can't think of other music player

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't got to use it since the most recent update last night. I use playlists I make from my own collection I put on the phone. My problem is Xbox would only shuffle through the same 40-50 or so songs over and over again (with a 1500 song playlist). I use musictastic and will until this is fixed because the shuffle is truly random and goes through my whole collection, it displays album art directly, reads playlist I put on the phone using windows media player (my desktop runs windows 7 so no xbox app), and has a simple good UI.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
You can compare it with Android and iOS music player and you will find that they are slowpoke compare to Xbox music.

Xbox music is the best player that MS can provide. It's the best in whole industry.

I think it was pre installed on my lumia 1020, I don't remembering downloading it. It seems to have a rating of 3/5?

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Lol.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
XBox music player is the media player that you would use to play MP3 files on the phone. The above comments were due to some quality issues when the Xbox music app was launched a few months back, although frequent updates have helped considerably.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
XBox music player is the media player that you would use to play MP3 files on the phone. The above comments were due to some quality issues when the Xbox music app was launched a few months back, although frequent updates have helped considerably.
Updates have helped considerably but my comment was accurate up till last update. By Monday ill now if its fixed.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
You will find people on here who have had bad experiences of Xbox Music, all I can say is it works for me, I took the trouble to understand it and sort my self out before loading my local collection on (MP3's), since then I have taken out an music pass, and the whole lot sits together and it works, not just on my phone but also on my Surface, laptop and Xbox One.

Bob

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
The whole Microsoft system is poorly planned and implemented. The problem is that it's a hodgepodge of services and some have been around since the beginning and some new, and MS tries to make them all work. As an IT guy, I find myself CONSTANTLY battling with Microsoft's need to have everything tied to your MS account -- XBOX, XBOX Music, OneDrive, Office365, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone, Zune, Skype, you name it...if you want them to work seamlessly, you need to use the SAME email address for all of them. The problem? The email address I used a decade ago when I setup my gamertag on the home XBOX isn't the one I use now for Office 365 and my Windows Phone. How easy is it just to change the email address assigned to my Xbox gamertag (which, in case no one knows, is the identifier for Xbox music subscription (formerly Zune Pass), not your email address)? Impossible if that the email address you want to change to is also used for ANY MS subscription product, like Office 365. So, for me, I'm stuck. All my music is under email address #1 (tied to my gamertag) and I can't assign email address #2 to my gamertag because email address #2 is what I use for Office 365.

Anyone who has had to deal with MS and their online/cloud subscriptions knows what I am talking about.

But, with regards to the XBOX Music app itself, it's horrible. It's ugly, doesn't use phone "real estate" wisely, rarely syncs my music that I load onto a SD card correctly...anyone who says XBOX Music is the greatest obviously hasn't used much else. BRING BACK THE ZUNE software!! :)

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Listening to music right now (as I go through all the post) and using Xbox music. Works just fine for me.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

Any player can PLAY music. It's how the app presents the users music (visually), and the features to make accessing it easy and convenient that separates a music player from a great music app.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I haven't got to use it since the most recent update last night. I use playlists I make from my own collection I put on the phone. My problem is Xbox would only shuffle through the same 40-50 or so songs over and over again (with a 1500 song playlist). I use musictastic and will until this is fixed because the shuffle is truly random and goes through my whole collection, it displays album art directly, reads playlist I put on the phone using windows media player (my desktop runs windows 7 so no xbox app), and has a simple good UI.

I am finding this as well with the shuffling. I switched to mixradio and seems better. I just wish mixradio was like spotify, where I could choose what songs I want to play from the streaming service instead of random songs. I looked at the pay versions and I don't think it is possible with it as well.

This way I could listen to new songs I like and keep my old ones.

WP1020

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I read somewhere that Spotify was gonna be free for WP, but every time I log on to Spotify, they ask if I want to go premium. I've tried un-install and re-installing it, but it still doesnt seem to work. Any ideas why this is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo