Buy Lumia 830 or 1020?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Both are selling at almost the same price in India. I would like to know will Denim update and other updates be available on the Lumia 1020. I would also like to know if features like rich capture will be available for the Lumia 1020. Could you compare the two phones so its easy for me to decide.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
really difficult to answer. i checked and cannot decide which one is better. i mean technically 830 is newer with better processor and chipset, 1020 has double RAM, which may compensate the processor. 1020 is a known performer. both has own benefits.

Denim update most probably will be there for 1020, but unsure about further updates.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
In WP you need only 1gb ram to run all the apps/games in your phone, so 2gb Ram in 1020 doesn't matter. If you are much into photography, go for 1020, otherwise for everyday use 830 is more than enough

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Agree with the other responses. The 830 probably beats the 1020 in every way other than the camera. I don't think the extra GB of RAM makes a difference, I think its mainly for the camera and not really used for other functions. The screen type (AMOLED vs LCD) is debatable I suppose. I have a 1020 and love it, but if I was buying right now i'd likely go with the 830 over the 1020.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the other responses. The 830 probably beats the 1020 in every way other than the camera. I don't think the extra GB of RAM makes a difference, I think its mainly for the camera and not really used for other functions. The screen type (AMOLED vs LCD) is debatable I suppose. I have a 1020 and love it, but if I was buying right now i'd likely go with the 830 over the 1020.
i think the comments above regarding the RAM is absolutely correct. 2GB wont add up anything. that 2 GB might be required only for 41 MPix photos.
further, if u are not into serious photography, 830 is absolutely fine with CZ lens for 10 MP and PureView Tech. further to add, i read somewhere about some improvement in camera allowing faster photos in 830, which makes more sense.

personally, i am not in much photography. i take photos of my family and some places i visit. apart from that some documents and office work. this doesnot require more MP at all. in fact more MP means larger photos, not easy to share. that's why i liked 720. camera with 6.7 MP CZ lens, u get clear and nice pics in really small size.

except camera, 830 is always a preference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers