How do I copy videos and photos to my PC from my Phone?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Copy videos and photos to PC from Phone

I've got a Lumia 520 and upgraded it to win 8.1. If I connect it to my PC, I CANNOT view the pictures I took or videos that I recorded. Only sample photos. Camera roll is empty, so is the video folder. If I use the Windows Phone Sync app, I can see/get the videos. Is there a way to directly copy recorded videos and pictures from the internal memory of the phone, to the PC, using the simple explorer from Windows 7 or Windows XP? I still use XP on some on my machines, which is the best method to copy files, Windows Phone to PC???

Thank you.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Copy videos and photos to PC from Phone

I would have to say onedrive - but you can also share with files app or files&Folders pro. I haven't found a direct drag and drop feature, but the methods mentioned certainly work pretty easy :)

onedrive is as simple as moving the desired files to the desired location for retrieval

files&folder pro - you have to navigate to the folder that contains the desired content (press and hold content to transfer for selection menu to appear) and select share to, then select onedrive, outlook, messaging, Bluetooth, and or onenote

hope this helps :)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I believe that from any Windows 7 or 8 PC, you should be able to see all media on the phone by simply mounting it in Windows Explorer. It's possible that it may not work with XP.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

As for the pics and videos if its saved to SD card then select that file as its linked to the pc with the usb. Or you could just take the SD card out and put it in the pc if you have that option

Ahy Nonimous

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I have a Lumia Icon, so no SD card. I had a look at the "Files" app, but it's confusing to me. Can't seem to find the music file I bought through the "Music" app from Xbox music store in the "Files" app so that I can copy it to OneDrive. I don't want to have to connect my phone to a PC to download a file. Just want to put it on OneDrive so that I can get it down to any device from the cloud.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs