Is Lumia 625 Durable? Will its non-removable battery last in the long run?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I am looking for a phone under Rs. 9000 ( US $ 150 approx. ) which would last me for the next 3 to 4 years. I have shortlisted the Lumia 625 which currently costs Rs. 8999 (i.e. US $ 146.38) in India. My main concern is that, whether the non-removable battery of Lumia 625 would last that long.
I am planning to use the phone mainly for editing documents, reading e-books and listening to music, apart from making calls

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
To ask any phone to last 3-4 years and maintain a good battery is rather questionable. For batteries to last long a lot depends on the environment their in on a daily basis and the frequency of charging. Saying that, all batteries have a shelf life. Most batteries start to deteriorate after 1 year of use and should last approximately 5 years with ever decreasing hold in charge. Some are worse than this.

You can purchase a portable charger as an option.

Also, keep in mind with regards to Office on WP, it isn't the best thing going and it could be frustrating if you think you'll get more capabilities than what it currently has. I highly recommend trying it first. We're hoping for a better version in the future but we don't know yet.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Im from India. Bought a Lumia 625 last year on September 29th. Till now I have no complaints whatsoever with this phone. This battery lasts more than the batteries of high end phones with similar battery specifications. My phone also has tolerated a lot of rough beating since it falls a lot. But still is in the same condition in which i bought this phone. It is as tough as it can be. Plus it is future ready as it sports 4G.

arunkiran

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank You, Pranshul. Your reply was very helpful.
Just two more questions: Are there any heating issues with the phone?
Also, how is MS Office on the phone? I haven't used one on a windows phone yet. I was planning to edit word documents on the phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank You, Pranshul. Your reply was very helpful.
Just two more questions: Are there any heating issues with the phone?
Also, how is MS Office on the phone? I haven't used one on a windows phone yet. I was planning to edit word documents on the phone.

There should not be heating issues with any phone. Some individual units can be defective, and all phones will heat up when pushed hard. (e.g. heavy gaming, browsing over cellular...)

MS Office on the phone is... OK. It's not the best thing, but it works. A better version was demoed and is in the works, but no news on that front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa