How do you get weather info on glance screen?

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. As you probably know from the title, my problem is that even after multiple attempts, weather information does not appear on my glance screen. I installed the update for the glance screen. Restated my phone. Set weather as my background app in lock screen settings and opened it many many times. Still no dice....anyone who has done, can you please list the procedure here. It would be very helpful to me and many many more people.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
These are my steps:
I scanned the QR code and installed the update
Went to glance settings, it asked me to restart the phone
I restarted the Phone
Went back to the settings, it said My current app is not supported (amazing weather)
Then I went to the list of apps supported, Only Health and fitness was supported.
I set that as the lock screen
Didnt see anything, so went ahead and downloaded the MSN weather app
Set that as lockscreen.
Confirmed the settings in the app
Went to the glance screen and YES!!! it was there.
Note: If you have set the glance settings to peak, the weather doesn't show all the time, only when you peak.

lrn2board

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Also, if you have the beta glance app for adding pictures to glance, you must disable/uninstall that. Plus if you have the beta live lock screen, you must disable/uninstall this as both those betas disrupt this feature

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
These are my steps:
I restarted the Phone
Went back to the settings, it said My current app is not supported (amazing weather)
Then I went to the list of apps supported, Only Health and fitness was supported.
Set that as lockscreen.
Note: If you have set the glance settings to peak, the weather doesn't show all the time, only when you peak.

Thanks for your detailed steps. Still didn't work, but I think its some sort of bug with my location. Because weather app on my lockscreen acts funny. Ex. Showing broad daylight wallpaper at night.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Even I ain't able to get this right. Is it mandatory to go into weather app and set it as the background screen ? I just want it as my glance screen.
I went into glance screen settings and there I do not get the option to set weather as the detailed app.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Even I ain't able to get this right. Is it mandatory to go into weather app and set it as the background screen ? I just want it as my glance screen.
I went into glance screen settings and there I do not get the option to set weather as the detailed app.

You have no choice-you have to use weather as your background in the lock screen to get it to work.

Aadesh Gandhi

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
These are my steps:
I restarted the Phone
Set that as lockscreen.

Alienhead, This worked for me but now my wallpaper is from the weather app, is there a way where I can have a personal wallpaper and still be able to see the weather on the glance screen?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
No not currently, your glance screen mimics the info displayed on you're lock screen.
Unless in the weather app lock screen settings you can set it to use a pic of your choosing while displaying the weather.

Bogdan V

May 21, 2013
Visit site
sadly my lumia 1020 doesnt get weather on glance,did all steps everything..but nothing.cant figure out what im doing wrong,glance with all settings on except night mode,msn weather on lockscreen,restarted multiple times..still nothing yet

jkellywilkerson

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hamza Waseem - Not sure if you were able to get this to work yet, but I have my apps set to install to my SD card and the Weather wouldn't display on Glance. Once I moved the MSN Weather app over to my phone storage, it now shows. Just another option to try.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Up till today, I didn't realize my 8.1 1020 supported this glance weather LOL. Well, took a few minutes and one restart to properly set it on both glance and lockscreen.

Also, is the Glance weather supposed to disappear after 15secs, and shown again after a quick hover above the ambient sensor?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos