Why do I see a static screen on my 620 with Cyan/Dev Preview instead of my lock screen?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Whenever I watch any YouTube video on my Lumia 620 (8.1 with Cyan on Dev Preview), the phone hangs. When I lock and then unlock the phone, a static screen welcomes me instead of my lock screen. No matter what I do, the static doesn't go unless I hard reset the phone. Anybody has any idea as to why this is happening?

Eragon987

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly, when I take a screen shot of the static and view it later, the screenshot is of the lock screen and not the static. So, here is the pic taken from my nexus. IMG_20140930_120903.jpg

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
whoooo !!!!! dats quite strange..... never saw anyone with this problem...
can be a hardware issue....or a software one. as you are saying you have performed a number of hard reset, i am suggesting you to try the official nokia software recovery tool. and let us know what happens
all nokia software recovery tool does is check the latest version of firmware available for your device and flashes the same in your device. try it and let us know

Eragon987

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Its not a major issue for me as it happens only when I open videos on IE (which I rarely do because myTube is better).
I just wanted to know why that happened. I have a hunch it is because of the Glance Screen.

gooeyphlegm

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
This too happened to my 620. I just cant remember what version of os i have with my phone when this thing happened but im sure it also happened on lumia cyan update. As much as i can recall i already encountered this 3 times and the only solution is a soft reset. I now have 2 problems with my poor phone. This and the twitching screen with automatic touches when my hands are wet.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss