How do I backi up my Nokia Lumia 928 to One Drive?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Need help backing up a Nokia Lumia 928 to One Drive

I have a Nokia Lumia 928 cell phone on the Verizon Wireless Network. My phone was malfunctioning so Verizon sent me a new phone. Before deactivating my malfunctioning phone, I wanted to make sure that all of my information (photos, videos, text messages, apps, etc.) were backed up in One Drive. I logged in to my One Drive account and found that only my pictures and videos were backed up and under Settings>Options>Device Backup One Drive says that I have no devices backing up to One Drive. I got on my cell phone and went to Settings>Backup in this screen, it shows that I have Backup turned on for my photos & videos (which are successfully backed up to One Drive, I double checked on One Drive to make sure), app list + settings, and text messages. It says the last successful back up was last Sunday (just under a week ago.) I deactivated my old Lumia 928 and activated my new Lumia 928 on Verizon Wireless. When I activated my new phone, it restored my contacts and text messages from August 2013 and earlier. I am missing a whole year of text messages and it did not restore my apps or settings or my pictures on the new phone. So I deactivated the new phone and reactivated the old phone and went to Settings>Backup>apps + settings and attempted to manually tell the phone to back up to One Drive. It backed up to 5% and displayed the following error code: 0x806f0001. After much research on Microsoft, Nokia, and One Drive's website, I could not find a solution for that error code. And, my One Drive account still says that I have no devices backing up to it. My phone is running Windows 8.0 which is the highest update that Verizon Wireless has for the Nokia Lumia 928. I can't afford to lose all of my text messages and am going to be beyond annoyed if I have to re-download my apps one by one and reset all the settings on my new phone to match the settings on my old phone. Can you please assist me with this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs