How to transfer desktop apps to micro sd card windows 8 tablet

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently purchased a windows 8.1 tablet for wp8 development. It has a 32gb internal memory (with about 25gb available to the user) and I am running out of space. I purchased a 32gb micro sf and have put it in to the device, but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer already installed programs (such as word etc) on to the sd to save space for modern apps.

Any help is much appreciated!

SamJHannan

Amithsiji

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
First, open a File Explorer window. Right-click the drive where you want to install Windows 8 apps – whether it’s an SD card, hard drive, or whatever else – and select Properties.
Ensure that the drive is formatted as NTFS.
Change the Registry Setting
You will now need to open the registry editor. Press the Windows key, type regedit at the Start screen, and press Enter.
Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx key.
Select the Appx key, click Edit, and click Permissions. (Ensure the Appx key is selected or you’ll modify permissions for another key instead!)
Click the Advanced button.
Click the Change link next to TrustedInstaller.
Type Administrators into the box, click Check Names, and click OK. This will give all administrators on the computer ownership of the registry key.
Enable the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects checkbox and click OK.
Select Administrators in the Permissions for AppX window and click the Allow option next to Full Control. Click OK and you will now be able to edit the appropriate registry setting.
Double-click the PackageRoot value in the right pane and enter the location of the folder you created earlier. That’s E:\Windows8Apps\ in the case of our example.
Reboot your computer. Your changes won’t take effect until you reboot.

Move Old Apps to the New Location
This will only affect apps you install in the future. Previously installed apps will remain at the old location. To move these apps to the new location, you can uninstall them from your computer and then reinstall them from the Windows Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss