Why can't I get my Lumia 521 to turn on?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Can't get my Lumia 521 to turn on.

My WP Nokia Lumia 521 won't turn on. If I don't have it plugged into a charger, it won't turn on at all. If it on the charger, I just get the dead battery symbol. BUT! When it messed up I remember still having like 50% battery life. I can't even seem to do a factory reset. And when I try, I only get a lightning bolt and a gear, instead of two gears working together. Please help me.

msstrick40

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
This is strange because oddly enough my phone did the exact same thing last night. Battery was about 70 %. I swiped going back to my front screen and it went off. Sometimes it does that. Waited about 10 seconds to see and nothing. Same as you, place it on charger waited a few minutes. Pushed the button to see if it would come on and I get the vibration, the Nokia sign and then the battery charging sign. I'm curious as to what this is. I've only had this phone since last of March. I do see where other folks are having this problem. If you find out, please let me know. I'll do the same for you.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
My friends Lumia 525 encountered the same problem.so I interchanged the battery with him but the phone does not turn on.finally submitted the phone to Nokia service and they said they can't figure out what's the problem with the device and to be sent to factory for repair. It took about 1 week to make the phone return to us in a working condition and said that it was a problem with mother board and replaced for free under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes