My official email address is with Google. I have a HTC 8X windows phone 8. Now I added the gmail account and I am able to see the emails and send emails. However, when I try to search contacts, it does not work. It always says, search Microsoft Directory. But I want to search my official Google Directory to send emails to my colleagues.
    How do I get this working ?
    10-07-2014 02:19 PM
    Go to Settings > Email and Accounts and tap your Gmail account. Swipe down to the bottom, where the checkboxes are under the heading Content to Sync. Make sure Contacts is checked.
    10-07-2014 03:45 PM
    I believe the question was about searching a Google Apps Directory. The instructions you provide allow you to sync My Contacts, but what about searching the full company Directory? I can't seem to find instructions for that.
    10-10-2014 06:27 PM
    I believe the question was about searching a Google Apps Directory. The instructions you provide allow you to sync My Contacts, but what about searching the full company Directory? I can't seem to find instructions for that.
    I don't know if this will work with Google, but with Office365 you can do this:

1. Tap the + at the end of the To: line.
    2. Tap the search button at the bottom of the Contacts list.
    3. Enter the name of the person you're searching for and tap the return.
    4. At the bottom of the returned list it says 'search xxx directory'. Tap it.
    5. If it finds matches, it will show them to you.

Note that it only seems able to handle full-word searches, i.e. I don't get anything for 'Dav', but I get lots for 'David' (and it even knows enough to include people using the nickname 'Dave'). I haven't found a way to browse the directory without a valid search. And again, I don't know if this will work for Google, so let us know.
    Last edited by aikidaves; 10-10-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: clarification
    10-10-2014 11:53 PM