Will be windows 10 be available for the Lumia 20 or 25 series?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
8.1 isn't even out yet for most phones. They don't have a WP10 working for phones, yet. Patience my young padawan. Just because someone mentioned a new OS, doesn't mean you get it tomorrow, they are complicated things. Take a deep breath and enjoy what you have for 5 minutes.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
8.1 isn't even out yet for most phones. They don't have a WP10 working for phones, yet. Patience my young padawan. Just because someone mentioned a new OS, doesn't mean you get it tomorrow, they are complicated things. Take a deep breath and enjoy what you have for 5 minutes.

Couldn't the answer be nicer???
I'm asking cuz I advised my friend to get a Lumia but it's not from the 30 series..so I wanna know to tell him to buy it or not...
Just be nicer..

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Couldn't the answer be nicer???
I'm asking cuz I advised my friend to get a Lumia but it's not from the 30 series..so I wanna know to tell him to buy it or not...
Just be nicer..

Best advice you can give your friend is to buy the phone for what it can do today, whatever it gets an update in the future is a bonus. Because right now no one knows what Windows 10 will be like on a phone and basing a buying decision on an unseen and unannounced OS isnt a good strategy.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
There is no legit reason why WP8 couldn't run on the older hardware, but there were issues in the upgrade so MS cut them off. Hackers have successfully done it though. I suspect the same thing will be true. It will run the newer OS, but will there be an upgrade path? That is the question and there is no answer for it currently. Any answer is speculation. There is a high degree of probability that it will upgrade, but its speculation. Also what about the Nokia 810? T-Mo already abandoned it and Nokia has as well as a result. With that said it runs DP just fine.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
It won't make any difference. There will either be an upgrade path from 8.x to 10 or there won't. The hardware isn't going to be the reason. The carriers might be. Right now we can't even get Cyan/8.1 running on the Nokia Icon in spite of the fact that its basically a 930 which came with Cyan/8.1.

Tell him to get the 730/735. If possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers