• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Prime Day 2018
    Hi community ๐Ÿ™‹!
    I need your help people, now I'm using a Lumia 1020, I bought it on the launch day in Barcelona (I don't remember exactly the day, but it was on the first week of October), one year ago. I really love the camera, it's completely amazing, and I use a lot the phone on the day: mail, news, music, chat, internet, videos, games, etc. The problem I have is that the battery works so bad, one month ago I can use my phone from 6 to 7 hours, now from 3 to 4. That's not the only problem, but the rest are less important.
    I want to buy a new Lumia (the main reason it's to have a new one, but the second reason it's because of the problems I'm having with my 1020, I use it a lot, and it's not like a new one), when Nokia & Microsoft presented the Lumia 930, I was so excited, except for one missing feature: Glance screen. I don't know why they don't include that feature in a high end device.
    So, my question is: Wait for the supposed Lumia 1030? Or what's my alternative?

Thanks a lot!
    10-08-2014 08:17 AM
    What we have currently is all that is coming out this year. So if you're waiting for a new 'flagship' it probably won't come until next year sometime. Possibly April/May.

So it's up to you if you want to wait that long. Otherwise there's the 'cheap' flagship L830. No idea what battery life is like but the camera isn't too bad.
    10-08-2014 08:49 AM
    Depends on your budget too. Personally I have a 1520 and it fits in my pockets just fine and doesn't stick out...and that's with a case on. The size is great. Some people say its too big but you get used to it and personally... If your going to play games, use the net and watch youtube then bigger is better. Screen is lovely, has glance and also an SD slot which the 930 doesn't have. To many (including myself) the SD was a deal breaker
    10-08-2014 09:04 AM
    What we have currently is all that is coming out this year. So if you're waiting for a new 'flagship' it probably won't come until next year sometime. Possibly April/May.

So it's up to you if you want to wait that long. Otherwise there's the 'cheap' flagship L830. No idea what battery life is like but the camera isn't too bad.

Yes, totally agree with you. 830 could be an alternative.
    Thanks!
    10-08-2014 09:31 AM
    Depends on your budget too. Personally I have a 1520 and it fits in my pockets just fine and doesn't stick out...and that's with a case on. The size is great. Some people say its too big but you get used to it and personally... If your going to play games, use the net and watch youtube then bigger is better. Screen is lovely, has glance and also an SD slot which the 930 doesn't have. To many (including myself) the SD was a deal breaker
    I was thinking a lot about the 1520, in my opinion, the best phone of Nokia because of the quality they made and the features they include, but this enormous screen... I don't know if it's for me!!
    10-08-2014 01:39 PM
    ^^^I'm in the same position as you....owning a 1020 but not quite convinced that the 930 (which in my case is what I'm considering) is quite right as a companion for it. If the 930 had had the 1020's camera I'd have already bought it.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    10-08-2014 02:24 PM
    ^^^I'm in the same position as you....owning a 1020 but not quite convinced that the 930 (which in my case is what I'm considering) is quite right as a companion for it. If the 930 had had the 1020's camera I'd have already bought it.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Totally agree with you. I'm looking the Lumia 1520 so much, it's like the 930 (same processor, ram...) but with better features and some specific specs. But, with my extraordinary luck, the next week I bought the phone, they can announce the 1030!
    belodion likes this.
    10-08-2014 03:46 PM
    well, if you want battery life, while its not a lumia, the HTC one m8 for windows has amazing battery life, and if you get the dotview case, than it can have a form of glance screen

If youre set on a lumia, then Id say the 830, i havent used the 830 personally, but it seems like a slightly updated lumia 925, which is my current daily driver, so I'd assume it will be quite a decent phone
    10-08-2014 03:53 PM
    well, if you want battery life, while its not a lumia, the HTC one m8 for windows has amazing battery life, and if you get the dotview case, than it can have a form of glance screen

If youre set on a lumia, then Id say the 830, i havent used the 830 personally, but it seems like a slightly updated lumia 925, which is my current daily driver, so I'd assume it will be quite a decent phone
    I know... HTC One it's a killer phone, so well built and have awesome features, but Lumia apps are so important for me, and HTC it's not selling it in Barcelona.

Thanks for the alternative!
    Last edited by Eric Herranz; 10-09-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    10-09-2014 03:38 AM
    HTC M8. I use a 635 but I really want the HTC..
    Posted Via Tapatalk for Windows Phone.
    10-10-2014 01:18 AM