Do you know any rumors about an upcoming high-end Lumia phone?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I wanted to buy a Lumia 930, but I'm afraid. If I buy a 930 and months/weeks later there's a new Lumia phone will be released, I'll kill myself.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If you want to wait for the next latest and greatest phone you might as well never buy a device. If the L930 is what you want, I say get it and not worry for a newer device. Although at the moment MSFT has no plans to release/announce a new device the rest of this year.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've just bought a 930 after thinking the same myself.
My thinking was if there's any upcoming device there would of been leaks and rumours by now. We've heard absolutely nothing.
Give or take a couple of months the 920 came out 2 years ago, in that time, roughly half way we had the 925, which was basically the same device with a few cosmetic changes.
I owned a 925 but only because I hadn't got a 920 when it first came out, if I had, I would of kept that till now and got a 930.

Long story short, the 930 is a great device, there probably not be another 9 series for a year, which if it comes will only probably be an incremental update with probably another year till a '940' becomes available.

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Something new will always be announced/released. Do yourself a favor and buy a product for what you want now. Companies thrive on people just wanting to have the latest device/tablet/car/computer ECT. That's why they do these small incremental changes without really changing the experience. Your life will be alot easier if you decide what you need and then find a phone that fits, and if just having the latest is what you need go back and revaluate why that is.

ksayeds

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
do not look for a better phone, instead look for the phone that makes you manage better :). That has nothing absolutely to do with high end devices, but with the one the your needs fit in most.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The 930 is a brand new device. There is no reason to wait. The 1520 on the other hand is very old at about a year and I'm hesitant to get one (even though its guts are similar to the 930) While I don't care about the rumored qHD screen (2560x1440) as 1080 seems to be good enough, I do like the 801 processor. With that said the 800 in my Icon is already fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers