Why won't apps install to SD card?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I've recently upgraded my SD card from 8gb to 32gb and I'm having some problems...
Apps install to my phone perfectly fine but only a few install to the memory card before it has problems. Doesn't give me an error code, says something like "There was a problem installing this app, if this is the first time you've seen this message, go ahead and try again. If not, check for updates."
I'm all up to date on my Windows Phone 8.1 with Cyan firmware.
I've tried a soft reset, and I've even completely reset my phone (restoring a backup of the settings), I've formatted the memory card via the phone, I've formatted it on my pc (tried fat32 and exfat, currently latest format done from the phone) and nothing seems to work. I can download videos, music and other things to the sd card, it just seems to be apps that are throwing a tiffy.
Please help guys, this is very frustrating.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Most (NOT all) apps will install (or run) on the SD card.
I've had similar issues (Lumia 1520 w Cyan, DevPreview 8.1 update 1), my workaround is - install apps to phone memory, then use Storage Sense to move large apps to SD card. I'm able to do this, because ALL media goes to SD card (w auto Photo backup to One Drive).

BTW - I keep phone memory clean by periodically deleting temporary files (Storage Sense), this also keeps OTHER files storage down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers