Can I get Cortana to read a webpage to me?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Can I Open a webpage like the news and have Cortana read that page or a highlighted text out load.

Cortana8

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh come on Microsoft, Cortana can't read highlighted text from a website or word document, that's embarrassing, get your act together already, I love my Lumia 1020 but not able to do simple things like reading text is very annoying.

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
This is ridiculous! With all the things Cortana can do in windows 10; and it cant simply read the text on a page? Any page?! Really Microsoft, you cant do better than that! I do like the new windows 10 but this is inexcusable. One should not have to go and get a text reader somewhere else which may or may not be trusted... FIX IT!!! ASAP!!! :angry:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
MS recently added the option to read ePub files aloud in Edge on the desktop (right?), so I'm hoping they come to their senses and enable that for any text displayed in the browser. Not sure if they use Cortana or the lower quality local voice for ePub reading. In the meantime, share to speech is amazing, highly recommended.

deaths conundrum

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
yes you can, right click on the page it opens a menu,
select all
print
read aloud
obviously, select read aloud. once Cortana starts speaking you can move the curser to anywhere on the screen and it will pick up from there. Not sure how to pause or end it however.

Rick James11

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
In Edge, go to the web page you want, highlight the text and right-click and then choose 'Read Aloud' and it should get read to you.

I have tried all of that and its not working. Also have seen suggestions to use narrator but that's an accessibility feature that is for people with disabilities and doesn't function in any way like having Siri speak the selected text or page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99