Best camera to use ?

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Bi guys I want to be able to use my 1520 to take pics of mostly rain and lightening. What is the best pic app to use and what exposure should I be using? Many thanks in advance

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd experiment with ProShot and Nokia Camera and find which one you prefer. As far as settings such as iso, exposure and whatnot, play around and see what you like. That's the fun of taking photographs!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Increasing the ISO will increase your camera's sensitivity to light (in other words, higher ISO will be easier to shoot bright pictures in dark environments). However, the downside to higher ISO is increased noise in the shot.

Use the manual mode in your camera apps. Play with ISO, shutter speed, and white balance to get the result you desire.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
ISO was originally the light sensitivity level of an actual roll of film. You would buy rolls of film with different ISO levels for different applications. And the application is basically the same. The higher the ISO number, the more sensitive the sensor will be to light.

Shutter speed obviously refers to the amount of time that the shutter is open. The longer is open, the more light it will allow to reach the camera sensor. The downside here is that the picture will be blurry unless you're using a tripod or you are incredibly steady.

Getting the exposure correct is a balance of shutter speed, ISO, white balance all while trying to focus and capture the perfect moment. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb