Automatically ready txt messages when connected to Bluetooth?

Silamanagic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my phone, HTC 8x with the 8.1 developer preview has stopped reading my txt messages when connected to my car stereo with Bluetooth. I can't seem to find the setting to turn that feature on or off. Can somebody help?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
For some reason my phone, HTC 8x with the 8.1 developer preview has stopped reading my txt messages when connected to my car stereo with Bluetooth. I can't seem to find the setting to turn that feature on or off. Can somebody help?

Go to settings
Find the setting called "speech"
Click "speech" and select Bluetooth only in the Read aloud incoming text messages.
Enjoy!

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well. I set it to always and it will not read my text messages at all. I also noticed that when I use my phone to make a call while connected to Bluetooth, it disconnects while the phone is ringing and won't reconnect. Oddly enough this only started happening after I installed 8.1 update 1 AND did a reset. I lost my Bluetooth capabilities but re-gained the ability to tether to my phone.

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I think I figured this out. Go to Settings>Ease of access and turn the Narrator on, tap a couple of settings to make sure it's working then turn it off. I did this and it's been reading my messages since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett