Lumia 1520 vs Lumia 930

Eric Herranz

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I want to buy a new Lumia, I'm now with the amazing 1020, but I bought it one year ago, and I want a seriously and powerful successor. I don't know if the best solution is to wait to the rumored Lumia 1030, or buy the 930 or 1520. On one hand, I love the specs and features of the 1520, but I think the screen is soooo large for me. On the other hand, 930 has a spectacular design, similar specs (processor, ram, camera...) but lacks SD and Glance (glance is so important for me), and has less battery than 1520.

Thanks for your responses!!

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Go with the 1520. I have it and was blown away by the size. But after a week I adjusted to it. I wear baggy clothes and it fits in my pocket no problem and that's with a case on it. The screen is beautiful and if your gonna play games, surf the net, watch youtube...then a bigger screen is more better to watch it. The SD card is a must have too

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I went for 930, 1520 it's too big for me. Lack of glance took me about 3 days to get used to, a quick double tap reveals missed notifications on the lock screen. I only miss the clock for glancing at when my phone is laid near me.
No SD, doubt it'll be a problem for me as don't put any music on my phone I just use streaming services and it'll take a long time to fill up with my photos and videos.
This is of course my personal preference and you no doubt know all the differences yourself, so at the end of the day it's your choice.
I can only say, I personally am glad I got the 930, the smaller size for me is worth the missing features. 5" is pretty big anyway. At least that what's my wife assures me.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on the 930 😊 I have the 1520 just for the SD really so I can house my music and a few games. As you said you stream music so the SD isn't needed. For me its the other way round. But glad to see your got one of the elite top phones.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.
I'll admit, especially with the price difference the 1520 IS the best device 'feature' wise.
Also, depending how you hold it the 930 isn't the most comfortable in the hand.
But personally I have no regrets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi