Appologies if this posts twice, I couldn't see my last effort - must have pressed the wrong button.

I said this much better first time around, however here goes.

I am already in the 5% user group (I have a blackberry Z10). I was looking to upgrade to the passport - even ordered it, but it is going to take a month or so to be sent. My daughter got a nokia 520 the other day, and do you know what - I liked it. Yes it is slow and the hardware is not up to modern spec, but I liked the way it worked. I am not inspired in any way with apple or android. I suppose I like the underdog.

Anyway, I am a heavy power user - I am a firmware developer and ask a lot from my phone. I use it like a micro laptop. I regularly run servers like web servers (via python) and even have a native toolchain on the phone. I use shell access and have multiple things running at the same time (true multitasking). I had a quick play and installed python and console on my daughter's phone - so I know they exist.

I was thinking of something like a 930 (had a nokia 808, so I like the camera). Are there any other low level power users around? Can I get what I want done on wp? I realise this is the wp forum, so I am asking the converted. For the same price, am I better off cancelling the passport and getting a 930, or is there a better wp phone? I don't mind developer mode and installing my own apps (if that is possible). I really hate the restrictions of iOS (from the low level), and the inconsistency of android. I am only really left with bb10, wp8.1 and meego (sailfish).

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this turns out to be a duplicate)
    10-11-2014 05:12 AM
    I can't really help you with your specific needs because I know nothing about using shell access etc. Assuming all that is available on WP, I would advise you AGAINST the 930. For one very simple reason: you'll have to keep it plugged in. The 930 comes with a miserable 2400mAh battery which drains super fast. You won't get much out of it.
    If you're looking for a powerful WP with good battery AND size ins't an issue, then the 1520 is a better option for you.

Sailfish OS is still in development and there's only 1 phone available with not that good specs. For a poweruser, the Jolla isn't for your. This, of course, because you don't like Android. Otherwise I'd advise you the Xperia Z3 which has amazing battery life.
    10-12-2014 05:03 PM