Transfer Apps data to new memory card

AJ Menon

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm currently using a Lumia 630 with a 16gb memory card. I'm planning on expanding to a 32gb card but all (well most) of my apps and all my music is stored in my mem card. Is it possible to transfer all the app data to the new one when I buy it? Or will I lose app data and have to reinstall them?

Please help.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
ONLY way to do this (without app data loss)

- move your apps to your phone from your old memory card
- remove the (old) memory card
- insert the (new) memory card
- then transfer them from phone to NEW memory card
- this may take several cycles depending on available memory on your phone.

Don't forget to format the NEW memory card on your phone. To transfer the music, you can use Easy Transfer (with a PC, Tablet, laptop) for card to card ...
or backup your music to your PC, Tablet, Laptop & write it to the NEW memory card from there.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried this before but wouldn't it be simpler to just transfer all of it to a PC (I imagine that your PC has a memory card reader) then remove the old one and put the new memory card in the PC and transfer it to that one and then put it on your phone.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried this before but wouldn't it be simpler to just transfer all of it to a PC (I imagine that your PC has a memory card reader) then remove the old one and put the new memory card in the PC and transfer it to that one and then put it on your phone.

That would lose the reference to the apps (from the phone to the memory card - a pointer, if you will), thus rendering all the apps (& data) on the NEW card useless (OTHER folder).
There are myriad threads on here, where just that was done, with NO success.

BTW - I would make sure I had a good backup (SETTINGS >> BACKUP) before starting this process & move the apps with app data needed, FIRST.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720